Our safety management solution is designed to give you instant access to the information you may need (like procedures we do during an emergency), when and where you need it, from the one device you take with you wherever you go – your cell phone.
Downloading Safety Center to your Smartphone _________________________
- Access the app store on your smartphone.
- Search for Safety Center.
- Install the app to your device.
- Or if you have a QR code reader on your smartphone, scan the codes below to locate the app in the store and then install it.
Accessing the Plan__________________________________________
- Tap on the Safety Center app to open it and tap Continue without logging in.
- Tap on + Client Plans, type “Nmsd” in the search, and tap on it.
- Tap on "NMSD Community Resource”.
- The plan will download and appear on your Safety Center home page.
- Tap on the plan to view it.
Updating the Plan_______________________________________________
If the Administrator updates a plan that you have downloaded, you will be notified by a badge on the Safety Center app icon.
- Tap the Safety Center icon to open the app.
- A pop up will show asking if you want to download the new version of the plan. Tap Yes and the plan will download with the updated content.
App Permissions ___________________________________________________
While using the Safety Center app, there are a few features that will require certain permissions on your device. See below for a list of permissions, a brief description of how the Safety Center app interacts with these permissions, and why they are required. This list includes the name of the permission (for Android 5.1 and iOS users) and the name of the Permission Group (for Android 6.0 and above).
- Notifications – Notifications may include alerts, sounds and icon badges. These can be configured in Settings.
- Camera – The camera can be used to attach a photograph when submitting an Incident Report. The camera also serves as a flashlight that is accessed on the Settings screen.
- Location – The location shows where the user is when they file an incident report.
- Identity – This permission is deprecated within the Safety Center application.
- Wi-Fi – The Safety Center app checks for Wi-Fi availability so that users can receive push notifications, send reports, receive plan updates, etc.
Android 5.1 / Android 6.0
- Camera / Take pictures and record video – Just as users may submit a picture that is saved on his/her device in an app like Google Drive or on the camera roll, users may also take live photos of incidents and submit them through the application via reports and forms. Administrators can enable/disable the option to attach an image to a report or form. The camera also serves as a flashlight that is accessed on the Settings screen.
- Access to Contacts / Access your contacts – In certain plans, administrators may have elected to hyperlink a phone number or email address to make it actionable (tap to call/tap to email). On certain devices, if a user holds the number down they can save the number or email address as a contact in their native Phone Contacts.
- Location / Access device’s location – The user’s location is only polled and sent through the application when a report or form is submitted. This is to provide accuracy of the user’s location in the event of an incident or a call for help from the user. If the user has not enabled location services, the location of the device will not be sent with the report or form. Safety Center does not use your device location in the background when the app is closed. This is a setting that can be enabled or disabled by an administrator.
- Photos/Media/Files / Access to photos, media, and files – In certain reports and forms, an administrator may have provided an option to upload a picture of an incident. Users can choose an image from any image/picture-storing app on their device or from the camera roll. This is a setting that can be enabled or disabled by an administrator.
- Device ID and Call Information / Make and manage phone calls – Safety Center requests this permission in order to receive push messages and for additional information to aid GPS and Network details when sending an incident report. It is also required so that Safety Center can read phone status allowing the application to know when it is in the background. When the Safety Center application is moved to the background all PIN protected plans are locked and will require the user to re-enter their PIN upon trying to access the plan.