Kindergarten registration is open.
Planning on sending your child to kindergarten in the fall?
Children must be the age of five by August 31st to enroll in kindergarten.
Parents need to provide and bring in a certified copy of the birth certificate and current immunization records.
North Mason School District is the second largest school district in Mason County. Two elementary schools (K-5), 1 middle school (6-8), a comprehensive high school (9-12), and an alternative high school program make up North Mason School District. With an enrollment of just over 2,200, the student population is representative of the community’s growing multi-cultural diversity.
In addition to the district’s comprehensive K-12 curriculum, special programs like special education, and English as a Second Language (ESL), are available to students to ensure maximum personal development in academic, vocational and extracurricular activities.
Click here for Kindergarten Readiness Tips.
You will need to provide the following:
- Copy of birth certificate, passport or other government issued document showing the student's legal name and date of birth.
- A child must be five years of age by midnight, August 31 in order to begin kindergarten in the new school year. Click here to read district policy and procedure regarding Qualifications of Attendance and Placement and possible Exemptions. If you would like more information about an Exemption:
- Determine the school your child would attend based on your current address and
- Contact the principal of that school to discuss the districts' screening process and instruments required to provide estimates to determine your child's skills and abilities.
- Address verification document, such as: telephone, utility or cable bills, lease, mortgage information, insurance, documents from public agencies such as courts or DSHS.
- Immunization records including dates and immunizations received. Immunizations must be provided to the school within 30 days of enrollment.
- Special Needs records, such as: IEP, evaluations, 504 Plans or any other special education records or requirements.
For additional information on kindergarten registration, please call your neighborhood school office directly.
Sand Hill Elementary
Year-round registration is available for all North Mason Schools. You may complete new student online registration by using this link:
Kindergarten Student Enrollment
If you require paper copies of the forms, please contact Sand Hill or Belfair Elementary at the numbers listed above.